Wedding Videography Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions are set out to help all parties be aware of and clear about the services provided for their wedding day and the responsibilities of all parties involved. Weddings are filmed as they happen with no retakes normally possible. It is this spontaneity that makes them so special and memorable. If necessary, all litigation will take place in the State of Tennessee in Sullivan County.
· A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to secure a booking.
· Full payment of the remaining balance is required on or before the wedding date.
· Check or Cash is preferred but PayPal is also accepted.
· If we need to extend our time at the wedding a charge of $150 per hour will be incurred.
· Should, for whatever reason, you have to cancel the booking the deposit is non-refundable.
· Should, for whatever reason, we need to cancel there will be a full refund of all monies paid which is the limit of any liability on the part of James Gray Videography.
· It is your responsibility to obtain any permissions, licenses and pay any fees to any venues/locations or entertainers/musicians performing, where filming will take place.
· Unless you advise us otherwise, we will assume all persons attending the wedding have consented to being filmed.
· We respect the wishes and regulations of anyone officiating at the wedding ceremony which may limit where we position cameras and other equipment. There may be other restrictions such as a limit to movement around the venue or certain parts of the ceremony which we are not allowed to film. You must let us know in a written form before the wedding if the above is applicable.
· We make every effort to produce a quality film and ensure all our equipment is of the highest quality and regular maintained. We employ several back-up strategies for sound and vision however, we cannot be held responsible for any lighting, sound or interference issues caused by circumstances outside our control. This includes camera/equipment failure, adverse lighting, noise issues and restrictions imposed by venues.
· We use our professional expertise and discretion to ensure that significant parts of the day are recorded. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to record every aspect of the day as filming takes place 'live'.
· We make every effort to arrive at locations on time but we cannot be held responsible for lateness or non-attendance caused by circumstances outside our control such as traffic delays, severe weather conditions, unforeseen illness/incapacity, accident, technical, camera or equipment failure. In such circumstances we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss alternative arrangements.
· We aim to be as discreet as possible during the day and work alongside the official photographer. We follow the events of the day as they happen and therefore, are not in control of the setting. This may lead to some images being in high shadow/contrast or partial/temporary obstruction of subjects being filmed or issues of low/mumbled/no sound. We may be unable to take footage if the official photographer is not willing to allow filming when they are working.
· Whilst we aim to film as much as possible during the day, we cannot guarantee a minimum amount of footage that will be taken on the day or a minimum length for a couple’s film, this is due to the ‘live-event’ nature of the day and the unique structure of each individual wedding.
Health and Safety
· We will work with Health and Safety issues in mind and reserve the right not to film in dangerous or unsafe situations.
· If there is any particular music you would like to be included in your film, please let us know before your wedding day. We will advise you if there are any particular issues with your choice. If no specific music is requested, we will choose appropriate music.
· We aim to have a copy of the final film available for you within 3 months of your wedding day. However, this is only a guide as a quality product is important for both us and you.
· You must notify us in writing (email or letter) within 7 days of receipt of the final DVD/Blu-ray/USB of any faults or playback issues and we will make every reasonable attempt to resolve them. Should we not hear from you within 7 days we will assume you are happy with the DVD/Blu-ray/USB.
· All editing decisions are to the videographer’s discretion. We advise couples to watch examples of our work online at www.jamesgray.graphics, including the full film example, to familiarize themselves with our style of work. We will of course do our utmost to include suggestions and ideas from couples, providing these are made in writing (letter or email) and before the wedding day, however, we cannot guarantee that they will be included.
· All main wedding films, regardless of package, are edited in the ‘short-form’ style and again couples are advised to read the information on the website to familiarize themselves with this style. Films can be edited with a ‘traditional edit’ if we are notified in writing (letter or email) before the wedding day. Couples are advised however, that the content, style and amount of footage recorded on the day is the same with both edits.
· James Gray Videography retains copyright of all materials recorded by them and it is not our policy to offer the raw footage to couples or third parties.
· All other re-edits or any additional changes will be charged at the rate of $50.00 per hour of editing time.
· James Gray Videography retains copyright of all material recorded by them
· We reserve the right to display parts of your video on our website and other media formats.